01 November 2011

31 October 2011 - Halloween - Conference - Tim Tam

Of course, they don't have Halloween in Africa. I'll sure be missing watching The Nightmare Before Christmas.

The second half of General Conference was yesterday. I was surprised the only talk Elder Holland gave was in the Priesthood session. Usually he talks a lot. But it was great nonetheless. A lot of it seemed to be focused on investigators or those who are not members of our church. I liked Elder Bennett, Elder Cornish, Elder Callister, and of course President Monson's addresses.  The first convert baptism in Port Alfred since April will be this Saturday the 5th. Remember Vivian? He is already inviting his friends to church.  I think that's it... I need to take more notes during the week. On a parting note: Tim Tams are a chocolate-covered biscuit (cookie) from Australia. They can only be found in a certain import store in East London and they are amazing. Amazing.

Boesmansriviermond, South Africa
-Elder Tekulve



Me and my dad on the day I was baptized



Our friend the spider is....
about as long as my index finger

Tim Tam!






Doctrine and Covenants 101: 16

16) Therefore, let your hearts be comforted concerning Zion; for all flesh is in mine ahands; be still and know that I am God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

After your comment has been previewed it will post on the blog.