13 February 2012

13 February 2012 - A Testimony

Hello again family.

This is actually the first Monday of a new transfer, but I haven't got transfer news yet, that's tomorrow.

Umm, this week nothing much happened. Just before I know it, it's Monday again. I took a rare picture of the township, so you can see where I'm working most of the time.
Thembalethu Township
But know that I'm working hard and teaching many people. I know that my efforts are changing lives for the better. Brother Hogman taught the priesthood lesson about a testimony of Jesus Christ. He said something that sounds dumb and obvious when I write it down but helped me get a refreshed view about testimonies. He said "A testimony is not something someone else has taught you, it's something you know."

I know for myself, firstly, that Jesus Christ lives. That He was resurrected and that He leads his Church today through revelation and divine authority. I know that through faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end, we can be forgiven of all our sins. If we endure to the end. If we become and remain willing to give our will to Him. It took me a while to really understand that following Jesus Christ is not something you do, it's something you are.

Love,

-Elder Tekulve

 


Job 38:3
Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

After your comment has been previewed it will post on the blog.