07 February 2012

06 February 2012 - Baptisms of Sr's Nomfusi and Cynthia

Another week. Is it February already? When it's June I'm going to panic. That would mean I'm almost a year old on mission! 

Last week I promised I would tell you about the park we went to. It wasn't huge but there were lots of different big cats there. In addition to everything I sent a picture of there were leopards, jaguars, cheetahs, wild dogs, hyenas, Siberian and Bengal tigers, lions, and a badger. The place is for cats that used to be kept as pets when they were young but (inevitably) grew too big and too wild to be kept in a home. Many of the lions there are used to interaction with humans and in the morning sit on the owners lap and drink a bottle milk. Now, I don't know if you realize or have ever seen a lion or tiger up close but they are very large. Very large. I also got a very cool movie that unfortunately is too big to e-mail, so you'll have to see it when I send the memory card home.

Just last Saturday was another two baptisms here in George Branch. Sisters Nomfusi and Cynthia were baptized and confirmed. Nomfusi is a 10 year old daugher of a family that is mostly members, and Cynthia is the first convert in her family. The area is really exploding this past transfer. President Wood says often how much he wants to split the branch into two branches. I love how much good we can do in people's lives. To truly help them to change, to follow Christ and find the happiness that comes from that is it's own reward.

But that's pretty much it for this week. Talk to you later!

Love,
-Elder Tekulve


Tiger

Black Leopard







 



White Tiger
Lynx Caracal



White Lion







Revelation 3:21
To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

No comments:

Post a Comment

After your comment has been previewed it will post on the blog.