09 January 2012

09 January 2012 - Transfer to George, South Africa

Transfer news!

I am now in a city called George. It is approximately between Cape Town and Port Elizabeth. It is very beautiful.
George, South Africa


My companion is Elder Larrabee from Utah. In fact, he was the Assistant to the President when I first came into the South Africa Cape Town Mission. He only has 2 transfers left until he goes home. I am working in the townships here in George. For a change, there are actually other Elders in my district!

Elder Farley and Elder Simpson (who is in my transfer) are working the town in George. Elder Larrabee is the district leader. I have pictures but something is weird with this computer and I can't upload or send them.

George Branch is very different from Port Alfred. It is almost twice as big and has a local Branch President unlike Port Alfred in which our BP is Elder Robinson, a Senior Missionary from St. George. In addition, the very week I arrived, last Saturday the 7th, a new member was baptized here. Brother Hugo is the first convert baptism I've seen on Mission, Elder Larrabee baptized him.

I finally got the Christmas package, and a big thanks to everyone who contributed to that.

I also would like to say hello to the other Elder Tekulve up in St. Petersburg. (See Drew Tekulve's Mission Blog here) It must be very very cold up there! How is he doing? Besides being frozen.

This seemed to me like a very long week, and I'm still getting used to George. But I'm sure next week will be by soon and I'll talk to you then!

-Elder Tekulve


John 16:33
"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment

After your comment has been previewed it will post on the blog.