18 January 2012

16 January 2012 - Upcoming Baptisms in George

Brother Hugo, his wife, and Elder Larrabee
Good morning/afternoon family!


This week it's starting to get pretty hot in George. My companion is a great hard worker just like Elder Barker, and that's great I love that. Apparently the P-days are pretty legendary here in George. Today we went on a short hike as a preliminary to hiking up George Peak next week. I really don't know how tall it is but we'll see how far up we get in the time allotted.

Some of the investigators that are getting ready for baptism are Sister Cynthia and a 10-year-old girl named Numfuso. Nomfuso's family are already members, we're just trying to teach her the lessons. The only problem is she doesn't speak much English so we have to have a translator there. It's just like being back in Primary. Cynthia is a very nice woman who is doing very well at going to church every Sunday. She is pretty close to baptism.


Me at Kaaimans River, where Bro. Hugo was baptized
I love my new area. I'm staying in town in a flat and go every day to Thembelethu, the township about 10 minutes away.

Remember the ostrich steak I told you about a few weeks ago? I finally got one at the grocery store last week and was able to fry it up with a pepper steak recipe. It was great, like a very tender steak.

Ah, I don't have much more time here, but at least I have pictures today! It was also very neat to hear Elder Drew Tekulve is an Assistant to the President now. After less than one year too.

Next week I may be in a bit of a hurry, but stay strong in the faith and know I love you all.

-Elder Tekulve


John 16:33
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

After your comment has been previewed it will post on the blog.