11 June 2012

11 June 2012 - Repentance


Hello family!


Yes, I am approaching the 1 year mark. I don't know what I'll do to celebrate. Maybe I'll have a nice dinner at Spur or an ice cream cone.


My knees are not bothering me anymore. The joints were swollen due to a short bout of the flu I had last week. That's Sister Fowers' theory anyway.
Elder Christofferson


Last Friday was Zone Conference and it was as usual very fun and very informative and uplifting. The first training was by the Zone Leaders and was about finding new investigators. The second training was by President and Sister Wood and was about repentance. Apparently missionaries are good at talking about faith and baptism and the Gift of the Holy Ghost but not so much about repentance and enduring to the end. The training was about how the two are connected and about how repentance is a wonderful and joyful thing. And it really is. Read the talk 'The Divine Gift of Repentance' by Elder Christofferson.  Repentance is only possible because the Savior Jesus Christ suffered and died for us. Without His gift we are lost forever. If we choose not to repent we choose to ignore Jesus Christ's sacrifice for us, and we choose not to experience the joy that comes from forgiveness. It is a refreshing way to view repentance.


As for pictures with this email; unfortunately, I have lost the cord that connects my camera to the computer. Again. I'm sure I'll find it this week soon.


Please let my siblings know that I love them and think about them often.

-Elder Tekulve

Doctrine and Covenants 20: 30-31

30. And we know that justification through the grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is just and true;
31. And we know also, that sanctification through the grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is just and true, to all those who love and serve God with all their mights, minds, and strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment

After your comment has been previewed it will post on the blog.