18 June 2012

18 June 2012 - Father's Day, Going to Fish Hoek

Well hello family.

Firstly I want you to know I love all of you very much. I am learning a lot on mission. Really a lot, I don't think I can put it into words. My testimony has grown so much.

Fish Hoek, South Africa, Elder Tekulve's next city,
known for the Great White Sharks that swim near the shore
Early this morning I got transfer news. On Wednesday I am going to a town near Cape Town called Fish Hoek. My new companion will be Elder Romney. Details on possible familial ties to Mitt Romney or Marion G. Romney are pending. I am always excited to go to a new place or get a new companion.
Happy Father's Day as well. I gave a talk on a father's example and after church I got to call my Dad and we talked about lots of things.

Umm, what happened this week? Let's see One of our investigator families invited their next door neighbors to church and they were very "surprised" by what they found. In a good way, I think. They want to know more! One of my old investigators in Port Alfred was baptized on Saturday with his whole family and his cousin. Because of travel complications we get to spend the next 2 days with Elder Moangare from a tiny island in the Pacific called Kiribati. He is a fun guy as well.

Kiribati, an island nation
in the central Pacific

In the e-mail that you get from me 2 weeks from now is when I will be over half way through mission. Time flies.

-Elder Tekulve

Sorry, you'll have pictures next week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

After your comment has been previewed it will post on the blog.