16 July 2012

16 July 2012 - My Testimony

July is half over? It's just started!

The Future Elder Brennan Tekulve, age 11
(Photo by Suzanne Rackliffe)
Let's see what went on this week...

On Monday after P-day we visited a member family for dinner and went over how they can help with missionary work. We have been doing this with several members now and it seems to be working because the first family we did that with has invited two of their friends to church yesterday! It also helps that were are going over the chapters about missionary work in Teachings of George Albert Smith. Reading what he has to say there is very inspiring.

July 11 was Elder Romney's 21st birthday. He actually got presents from several members. I haven't heard of that happening before.  Also recently we've been using the movie Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration a lot in our teaching. It's a great movie that really helps people to know what kind of struggles the prophet and the early Church had to go through.

Well, we had planned to hike Table Mountain today, but 2 things went wrong. First, it's raining there and the rocky cliffs get very dangerous when they're wet. Second, our car won't start so we can't leave Fish Hoek.

That's about it for this week. Tell Noah I wish him luck with braces, Nik with luck on his driving, Mariah with her trip, John with his job, and Mom with her internship. You guys are busy.

I also want to say that I'm so glad for how much my testimony has grown in this past year. I've learned how to really apply myself in obedience and dedication. I've learned how to listen to the Spirit and receive answers to prayers. I've learned to love the words of the living apostles and prophets, and also to appreciate ward and stake leaders. I know that there is no surer way to happiness in this life than through obedience to the gospel.

-Elder Tekulve

No comments:

Post a Comment

After your comment has been previewed it will post on the blog.