29 August 2012

27 August 2012 - Plugs, Texas Spur, 125 Members

Where did August go?
Plugs in South Africa
This week is pretty busy in terms of teaching and visiting and uplifting. I am aware that most of what I talk about is places I go or things I do and not much about missionary work itself.

Rest assured it does happen, but most of the details are an issue of privacy.

So because I didn't do anything "interesting" this week, I am going to tell you about plugs.
When I first got here in South Africa I was awfully confused. They have 2 different kinds of plugs here. 2-prong and 3-prong. See the picture. 
Almost all of the wall outlets are 3 prong and you need an adapter like the one in my hand to plug in a smaller appliance with 2. So you see it can get complicated. In addition on every wall outlet is a switch that can turn on or off that outlet. To the left of my hand is a switch that actually turns on or off the (electric) water heater. It took us a while to figure out that was what it did. Electricity! (I know nothing about electricity.)

Spur's restaurants are North American themed.
I found Texas Spur
Yesterday there were more people at Sacrament Meeting than ever before. About 125. Thanks in the more part to people inviting their friends and us visiting and encouraging less-active members.

I did also get grandma and grandpa's package. There was so much stuff in there, thanks!
Well, next week is another week.
-Elder Tekulve
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

After your comment has been previewed it will post on the blog.