10 September 2012

10 September 2012 - New Missionary Coming, Cape Point

Hello family,

Elder Brennan Tekulve standing next
to a sign and the old lighthouse on Cape Point
This past week seemed really short because of the conference I mentioned last Tuesday. But I have transfer news! I don't know all of the details yet but I do know that Elder Musimwa will be leaving Fish Hoek and I will be training a new missionary! This is very exciting and I think the next 3 months are going to be another turning point in my mission. I don't even know who I am training yet but I will find out on Wednesday I think. I'm glad the Lord trusts me enough to give me a new missionary. Believe me when I say that a missionary's first companion really shapes his attitudes and habits for his whole mission. I will always be grateful to Elder Barker for his example to me.

The rocks of Cape Point.
The top of the new lighthouse
can be seen

Last Tuesday I did in fact go to Cape Point. The views were very nice. Did you know that this is the alleged place where the Flying Dutchman sails? One of the stories tell that the captain, trying to pass the Cape in a storm, swore to the devil that he would pass if it took him until the end of time. Well, he's still trying. That's why this is also sometimes called the Cape of Storms. We were lucky that the weather was sunny and clear, but there was still an intense wind blowing constantly. There are 2 lighthouses here. The old one was too high and was sometimes shrouded in mist so they built another one lower on the Point. The whole area is a national park and wildlife reserve. We saw a couple of baboons sitting on the road on our way there.
To the West of Cape Point is the Cape of
Good Hope and the Atlantic Ocean


Know that you are all in my prayers that you may be guided by the Spirit in all of your decisions and be able to endure to the end.

Love,

Elder Tekulve


I was reading an old Church magazine
and I found an article written by
someone in my Stake!
The Flying Dutchman Ghost Ship
at Cape Point








Cape Point sign




No comments:

Post a Comment

After your comment has been previewed it will post on the blog.