12 November 2012

12 November 2012 - Alma 5, Repentance and Cricket


Hello,

This week was an unusually busy week. We visited members we haven't seen before, some of whom were very glad to see us. Last Sunday we had an entertaining and informative fireside about the history of the English Bible. I also worked on giving a CD to one of our recent converts. People in the township will just soak up anything about Jesus Christ they can hear, whether it's true or not. He had an anti-mormon CD that he got somewhere, and we advised him that while we can't tell him what to do, it wouldn't build his faith. So I put some powerful General Conference talks on a CD for him to listen to instead.

Flag: Democratic.Republic
of Congo

Later in the week we met with more of our investigators, Alastair and Ronald. On Friday I was on exchanges in Mowbray with Elder Itina from the Democratic Republic of the Congo. We talked to a less active member who was baptized many years ago but had let transgression take over his life. He noticed how at the time he was baptized he was happy and life was going well, and that he was not so happy now. I was inspired to share with him some scriptures in Alma chapter 5 and felt the Spirit strongly as I testified that the arms of mercy were extended to him on conditions of repentance.


Cricket is a popular sport in South Africa.
Click here to understand Cricket
On Saturday we met with Borther Norbury and his cricket friends. It was the first time I've seen a live cricket game. I still don't understand how it works.

On Sunday we spent most of the day helping Sister Rose move.

I love and pray for everyone and love to hear any news from home there is. I am grateful for the opportunity I have to serve the Lord on a mission.

-Elder Tekulve

No comments:

Post a Comment

After your comment has been previewed it will post on the blog.