25 March 2013

25 March 2013 - Birthday, Sister Missionaries to Ghana and Kenya

Elder Tekulve's birthday is March 19
Hello everyone.
This was a really fast week. On Tuesday, as you know, was my 22nd birthday. It was also the same day as another Elder in our Zone.
 
Some other missionaries surprised us in the evening with a small present and some pie. On Wednesday we had the privilege of helping to set apart two sister missionaries from Namibia as they go off to Ghana and Kenya. There are no Stakes in Namibia, only Mission Branches, so President Wood was the one to set them apart. The Spirit was strong there. I thought that the two blessings would be similar, but they were both very different and individualized.
Me and Elder Giles my companion at Brother Mike's


 
 
We actually have 3 people that are ready for baptism -- Axl, Blaine, and Mzwandile --  but because of Easter and General Conference they will not be able to be baptized until the 14th of April. They are very ready though.
On Friday I went back to Fish Hoek for exchanges with Elder Martin. It was great that I got to see my old investigator Alistair. He's still progressing towards baptism. I don't know when, but he will be baptized someday. It was also good to see a few old members of the Fish Hoek Branch, which is now a Ward.

Transfer week is coming up (again?!) and by next Monday I might know where I am going, but since I just got here I think I'll be staying.
I love you and remember you every day,
-Elder Tekulve
 
Two of Brother Mike's dogs


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

After your comment has been previewed it will post on the blog.