24 June 2013

17 June 2013 - Francis Family, Devil's Peak, Elder Bricknell coming

Hello family!
Me next to the marker for Devil's Peak

Unfortunately I am almost out of time for tonight, so I have to hurry. This week was very good. The highlight was visiting with a new family. I know them mostly by their first names but I think it's the Francis family. They are so excited to hear about the restored gospel. The father has quit drinking and is trying to quit smoking before we even met them, so he's on the way already.

Today most of our Zone climbed Devil's Peak so now I can say I've climbed "the big 3:" Lion's Head, Table Mountain, and Devil's Peak. It was a pretty difficult climb and the walk down was no picnic either. I'm pretty sure I can feel blisters right now. These shoes are so beaten up.

Tomorrow is Zone Conference with Elder Bricknell of the area seventy presiding. It should be exciting. He and his wife gave a talk to us at the MTC, nearly two years ago. And then it's my last full week in the field!! Are you as surprised as I am? It's not even real yet to me. I only have one more P-day. It gives me shivers.

Love you and I will talk to you in a week, then in 4 days!!!

-Elder Tekulve

No comments:

Post a Comment

After your comment has been previewed it will post on the blog.