24 June 2013

24 June 2013 - Coming Home on Friday, But I'm Not Done Yet



Elder Brennan A. Tekulve and the Mbaki family in South Africa,
on his last week of his mission
Good Morning Family!

This is actually the last e-mail I'll send from Africa. Wow! It still hasn't hit me that I'm almost home. It may not until I land in Houston. My previous life seems to be just a dream now.

Mission has been a blessing to me and I'm sure you'll hear all about it next Sunday. I  have mixed feelings of course... kind of like when I left. Did you know that the day I get home - 28 June - is two years later to the day than the day I left home?

I can't tell you anything about the previous week; it was all a blur to me. I'm sure these next four days will be similar. I'm not done yet though!

I have an appointment with a progressing investigator family tonight and several more appointments tomorrow. I don't know how I'm going to fit in enough time to pack, actually. Wednesday I will spend at the Mission Home. Thursday I may drive through Cape Town with some of the other Elders going home, waiting for my flight out at 8 PM. After a 10 or so hour flight to London there will be a 4 hour layover then another 11 or so hour flight to Houston. I'll have a lot of time to think and ponder about things.
See you in a few days! (I have been wanting to say that for a long time.)

-Elder Tekulve



2 Timothy 4:6-8
For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

After your comment has been previewed it will post on the blog.