19 September 2011

29 August 2011 - Zone Conference

Cape Town SA East London Zone Conference
Elder Brennan Tekulve is 4th from the right
29 August 2011
Hello everyone,

The first transfer (6 weeks) is now over. As I said earlier I won't be going anywhere.

A week ago I made some "Rocket Fuel." It's basically 2 cans of sweetened condensed milk and a lot of lemon juice. It tasted... interesting. I like to crumble some biscuits on top to sort of dilute it a little.
Rocket Fuel in the making


Cleaning the Chapel on Saturday
There's something I would like the family to see. There's a set of DVDs called "Doctrine and Covenants and Church History Visual Resource DVDs." You can probably find them in the library. On Disc 1 is a short movie called "Upon My Holy Day;" it's a talk by Elder Holland. I would like you to find some time to get the family together and watch this. Discuss it. Kind of a family home evening thing.


I heard about the heat you've been having in Texas. As I've said before central heating and AC is nonexistent in Africa, but I've gotten used to it. Last night with our heater we got up to 67 degrees Fahrenheit in our room. And that was warm.


The Beach - This is as close as I'll get
I'm reading (and greatly enjoying) Jesus the Christ by James E. Talmage. In a comment by Elder Barker, apparently someone once asked Einstein who the smartest person in the world is. Einstein replied, "Ask James Talmage." Verify?

Another fun fact: Do you know what the longest running broadcast on TV ever is? It's a program put on by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir called Music & the Spoken Word. As seen on TV since 1920! I don't know where you can find it but it's nice. No commercials too.

Missionary Planner Before (Right) and After 6 Weeks


Erm... because of Internet issues I only have 8 more minutes to e-mail. I think the package Mom sent is here but I have yet to retrieve it. Thanks in advance! I loooove getting packages.
Mr. John asked if we have a lot of investigators. Yes. We have a lot. The problem is most of them misunderstand our purpose. Most want to be closer to Jesus, but they're not willing to do anything of their own will to do that. I imagine they want us to visit a couple of times and tell them they're saved. Silly Pentecostals. But that's a discussion for another e-mail. Long story short: Africa is different.
A Goat Eating Cabbage - Monch monch monch.
Final request: can you forward my e-mails to Dirk Rasmussen? I'm sure he'd like to hear how I'm doing.
Until next week,

-Elder Tekulve










2 Nephi 32:9:
But behold, I say unto you that ye must pray always, and not faint; that ye must not perform any thing unto the Lord save in the first place ye shall pray unto the Father in the name of Christ, that he will consecrate thy performance unto thee, that thy performance may be for the welfare of thy soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

After your comment has been previewed it will post on the blog.