19 September 2011

21 May 2011 - Called To Serve

21 May 2011 - 08:55am -


For those few of my friends who aren't LDS, I'm leaving for a Mission in approximately a month. I'm going to Cape Town, South Africa (and surrounding area) for 2 years and my sole purpose is to spread the word of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Every minute of every day will be planned to this end, I won't have time for messing about on the Internet, video games, whatever.


I do this because it will be an experience, for sure. I do this because it is my (and every other young man's) calling, and because I know it's what the Lord wants me to do. I spend a lot of time at various places on the Internet and here even more so than out and about in the world religion is treated with if not contempt then outright hostility. Nevertheless I know what I know and I am happy with my life and who I am. And I wouldn't be who I am at all without my religion.

I don't talk about this much in person, I know, but I just want everyone who knows me to know this about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

After your comment has been previewed it will post on the blog.